Last updated: November 5, 2021
Blue Charm Adherence Inc. (“BlueCharm”, “We”, “Our”) is a healthcare organization focused on solutions for medication non-adherence and affordability. We strive to engage, educate, and motivate users by appealing to their individual needs and interests. Our mobile App compliments a user’s existing treatment by assisting in medication management and health literacy. We use trusted third-party sources to provide users with treatment and disease-related information that is relevant, up-to-date, and easy to read.
· “You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or Blue Charm.
· “We”, “Blue Charm”,"Us" or "Our" refers to Blue Charm Adherence Inc.
· “Partner” means any company with which We share a contractual business relationship.
· “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
· “App” refers to the BlueCharm mobile application and user platform used to deliver the Service.
· “Service” means the provision of interactive self-help platforms that assist in managing health and medication adherence, and the accumulation of credits which may be used to offset the cost of the prescription drug for which you enrolled.
· “Service Providers” means any natural or legal person who processes the data, or facilitates the provision of the Service, or assists Blue Charm in analyzing how the Service is used.
· “personal information” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, and it is sometimes referred to in this Policy as “Information”.
· “Device” means any device that is used to access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
· “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
· “User” refers to the individual person, registered with Blue Charm, who uses the App.
What personal information may be collected?
Personal information is any information that identifies You or by which Your identity may be deduced. The personal information We collect some or all of the following, depending which of parts of the Service You use:
· Mailing address
· Date of birth
· Email address
· Telephone number
· Prescription drug(s) used
· Medical history
· Your IP address or other Device identifier (a distinctive series of numbers and/or letters associated with a smartphone or tablet)
· Your Device functionality information (including but not limited to network information, operating system, browser software, hardware)
· Your Device location and time of day
· Your use of our App including the areas within the App that You visit and Your activities there, including remembering You, Your preferences and pages You requested and/or viewed.
How We use Your information
We use Your information to manage Your use of the Service, to monitor and improve our Service, and to develop new services. We may also use Your information to conduct research and to develop statistics about our Service, the healthcare sector, manufacturer programs and user experience. While We may disclose or sell this research and statistics to third parties, it will be anonymized so that any information by which an individual user might be identified is completely removed.
Our Service includes patient support programs (PSPs) which may allow customized financial support for each user. Enrolment in a PSP requires additional user information and consent. The information which must be collected as part of the PSPs varies by manufacturer.
If You register with a Blue Charm benefit plan, You will be required to accept that program’s Terms and Conditions. These plans may involve communications with You via phone, SMS text, email or by other means. Any personal information or personal health information provided for the plan will be stored on secure platforms and will be used to support the plan services. In certain circumstances, the Service Providers that assist Us in delivering Service may require access to of personal information or personal health information. We take steps, aligned with industry best practices, to ensure the security of Your information; however, it is impossible to guarantee the security of that information. By using our Service, You agree to the inherent risks associated with file transmissions.
In addition, We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
· To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service. In some cases, such as for customer support and quality assurance, we may need to use your Personal Information to make adjustments and/or updates to Your Account.
· To contact You, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, product or services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
· To provide You with alerts, updates and general information about other offerings, services, and subscriptions for which You have previously registered or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
· To attend to and manage Your requests to Us.
Third Party Links
How We share Your information
Blue Charm uses Service Providers to perform some of our Service. We may need to share Your information with those Service Providers or have them collect that information from You. For example, We may use Service Providers to host our website, to facilitate prescription claims adjudication, for the maintenance of our mobile application, to host our customer support systems, or for data storage. Our contracts with Our Service Providers prohibit them from using your information for any purpose other than performing services for Blue Charm, and We require our Service Providers take precautions no less onerous than Ours to keep Your information safe and secure.
Personal Information may also be shared when required or permitted by law. If, for example, you report to us issues you are having with a pharmaceutical drug such as side effects or difficulty administering the drug, we must report that information as required by law or contract.
As mentioned above, Your personal information will also be used to help develop research and statistics which We may share with third parties; however, no information that identifies a user is included in this anonymized data.
Finally, we may share or transfer Your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business or the shares in our business to another company.
Security of Information
We use industry recognized security safeguards to protect all personal information provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration. We protect all information stored on our servers from unauthorized access by using commercially available computer security products such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. Your personal information is encrypted both in transit and at rest, securely stored on Canadian servers. While We take reasonable and prudent measures to protect our computer systems, and all personal information that We have collected, from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction, no security measures can provide absolute protection. As a result, We are unable to guarantee the absolute security of Your personal information, and We are not responsible for unauthorized use, access, disclosure, misuse, alteration or destruction of Your personal information. We rely on industry leading partners and professionals to support our programs, and We enter into detailed agreements with each of them. The agreements oblige those professionals to protect Your personal information at least as well as Blue Charm does.
In certain circumstances, the third parties which assist Blue Charm in delivering our services may require delivery of personal information or personal health information by email. As described above, We take steps, aligned with industry best practices, to ensure the security of Your information; however, it is impossible to guarantee the security of that information. By using our Service,You agree to the inherent risks associated with email transmissions.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
You have the right to request and review any of the information We may currently have about You. You may update Your personal information that has been provided to us or ask that We delete it. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that any updates and instructions that You provide are processed in a timely and complete manner.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We retain personal information for the longer of the period required by applicable legal requirements or by contractual commitments, or for seven years from the date the information was last used.
Contacting Blue Charm
If You have any questions or concerns about Our privacy practices or about the personal information which You have provided to us, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or write to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
BlueCharm Adherence Inc.
600 – 99 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, NS Canada B3A 4S5
We will respond to Your inquiry in a timely and complete manner.